Simple Steps to Long-Lasting Oral Health
Good oral hygiene can help you keep a long-lasting, happy smile. It really is one of the simplest practices to incorporate in your day, which can prevent serious and costly dental issues down the track!
Here are 5 simple tips to a long-lasting healthy smile.
• Brush at least twice a day: You should do this morning and night. Use a gentle, circular motion around your teeth and gums.
• Floss at least once a day: Floss at night using a slow and gentle sawing motion.
• Limit sugary foods or acidic drinks where possible: These include sweets and soft drinks.
• Protect your teeth from injury during sports: If you play contact sports, make sure you wear a custom mouthguard.
• Schedule six-monthly checkup and cleans at your dentist.
If you’re due for your routine dental visit, give our team a call to schedule your appointment.
Caring for Our Senior Patients
Maintaining your oral health is important for everyone, from our youngest to our senior patients. As we age, so do our teeth and gums. It’s more important than ever to keep them in a healthy condition to prevent more serious health concerns down the track.
Some dental issues that may arise as we mature include dry mouth, reduced taste sensation, darkened or stained teeth and gum recession.
Dental Care Tips for Seniors:
1. Gently brush your teeth morning and night with a soft toothbrush using a fluoride toothpaste.
2. Floss at least once a day.
3. Keep your lips moist by using a natural lip balm.
4. Take care of your dentures by rinsing after eating and cleaning them daily.
5. Have regular dental checkups/cleans with your dentist.
If you have oral health concerns that you’ve been putting off, give us a call. It’s never too late for a healthy smile.
Your Teeth Whitening Options
A bright, healthy smile just radiates confidence. Whether you’re planning for an upcoming job interview, a special event, or just feel like you want to treat yourself, teeth whitening may be your best bet.
Professional-grade teeth whitening is far more advanced than drug-store whitening products. We use a state-of-the-art whitening solution that is used by millions of dental professionals around the world!
There are two types of whitening options:
In-chair: During an in-chair whitening visit, you can have your smile whitened several shades in just a single appointment.
Take-home kits: If you prefer to have your teeth whitened in the comfort of your own home, a take-home kit may be best suited for you. We’ll go through the how-to instructions at your appointment.
Unleash your brightest smile with our advanced teeth whitening solution! Call our team today to schedule your appointment.